Wondering what you can do with Google’s Enhanced CPC Biddingsetting? I was too until after I watched Google’s webinar introducing the feature. Here are my notes from it:
What the heck is Enhanced CPC Bidding and why was this developed?
- Enhanced CPC Bidding takes the likelihood that a keyword will convert and either raises or lowers the bid.
- Some advertisers want CPC bidding control, normal conversion optimizer is incompatible with 3rd party software, and it is easier for people managing bids daily.
How exactly does it work?
- Enhanced CPC predicts a conversion rate for your ads every time they are eligible to appear. This is based on past conversions and the data from those users who converted, such as the search query, broad vs exact match, user location, operating system, browser and language. These are just “some of the factors”.
What are the benefits?
- Increase profits, retain control over bids, and easy and safe to try out(they claim that results will be neutral or better).
Why use this over Conversion Optimizer?
- Enhanced CPC is compatible with advanced campaign settings and 3rd party management systems.
- It can complement what you are doing manually with your campaigns, i.e. focusing on advertising goals, and unique info about the company, then Google uses data we can’t see.
This is another good feature that Google has rolled out with. They seem to know how to use all the data that they are collecting effectively(at least in Adwords) and it can pay off in your PPC Campaign. If you have any questions you can email me at email@example.com and I will try my best to answer them!